Re: [hylafax-users] Email-to-Fax: email contents in cover sheet?

Avi Miller wrote:
I have HylaFax+ and email-to-fax (using Postfix) running in the <number>@fax.domain.com setup. I can configure the system to add a cover sheet, which works fine, but it still faxes the email as well.

Is there a way to take the data from the email and shove it into a .ps templated cover sheet and then fax any attachments? I.E. the body of the email becomes the "comments" of the cover sheet and all the other header info is used as required?

There is a way, but it's not to use faxmail. faxmail was designed to work as a mail-to-postscript converter... then optionally submitting the resulting postscript to hfaxd.

You'll want to take a look at:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/faxing.php#ss5.4

and customize that mail2sendfax wrapper script to do what you want. The real trick is going to be defining how to identify what is or isn't "the body" as compared to "attachments"... since I'm not sure that there is anything standard that you can count on to work indefinitely across all mail clients.

Thanks,