[hylafax-users] Both T.38 and T.30 - How will Hylafax know which Asterisk connection to use

As I get set up to work with T.38, I am facing a conundrum:

Faxgetty will 'learn'? what the remote fax supports, T38 or just T30, after connecting.

So how is this done? First try using the T38 SIP 'modem', if the T38 setup does not work, then try the T30 IAX 'modem'?

Or does T38modem support this and that is all I need.

Or is this reason for IAXmodem to add T.38 support? :)

I think the other direction, fax > Asterisk > Hylafax is easier. I know if I have set up the connection for T.38, and use that, otherwise go with T.30.