Re: [hylafax-users] getting hylafax running with callweaver which acts as a t.38 endpoint

Steve Underwood wrote:

Lee Howard wrote:

Oliver Lott wrote:

I use Callweaver (www.callweaver.org) as a T.38 endpoint. Callweaver produces a tif file and holds some informations in variables (such as CallerID etc.). I want to use Hylafax Faxdispatch functions now so my idea was to copy all the received faxes into the recvq folder, but what to do with the informations like Callerid and so on?

Caller*ID and so on are stored in the TIFF file tags in the TIFF file itself. So assuming you have a set of information that includes Caller*ID and so on, and then you have the image data ... you would need to "merge" the information with the image data using a small TIFF tool that you'd have to create/have created specificially for the purpose. You *may* be able to do this by scripting with libtiff's tiffset tool.

The TSI is stored as the IMAGEDESCRIPTION, but how does Hylafax store the other call details, like Caller*ID? It should be simple to make Callweaver do exactly the same thing. All the same information is available to it.

All "CallID" information is stored in IMAGEDESCRIPTION after TSI... delimited by newlines. I.e.:

TSI\nCallID1\nCallID2\nCallID3

Thanks,