From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lee Howard
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 3:21 PM
To: Rick Thompson
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] What am I missing

Rick Thompson wrote:

> Asterisk is installed and running, IAXmodem is installed and running
> (starts with /etc/init.d/iaxmodem) with 7 modems configured ttyIAX0
> thru ttyIAX6. I down loaded hylafax and installed it. It starts with
> /etc/init.d/hylafax but faxgetty is not running.

Typically faxgetty is started with /etc/inittab.  See
http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/install.php#ss2.2  However, these
days I frequently find myself starting faxgetty from /etc/rc.local
because it needs to belaunched after the iaxmodem is running... and so
typically it's best to start them last.

Thanks,