Re: [hylafax-users] Email to Fax with hundreds of recipients

George H pisze:
Will hylafax properly handle this situation ? will it dial all 200 or
300 whatever numbers and send em off ? Or is there a limit to how
long the recipient list can be.
The question is: can your e-mail server can handle it. I think it depends on the implementation, but if a server treats the whole sending process as a single message, it can hit a timeout and try to resend it. You end up with an endless fax stream (coversation with customers afterwards is a pure delight :)). I created a dedicated web panel for bulk faxing and limited the recipients number to 10 (default on Postfix I think).
Also.. on the same subject, supposed hylafax can do it, I only got 5
faxmodems, would there be certain settings I'd need to tweak ?
I think there is a parameter that's responsible for how long the job can be on the queue. You can tweak that. Otherwise, all the jobs just pop into the queue and stay there.
Thanks for the help.