Re: [hylafax-users] Web Front-ends

On Oct 25, 2007, at 6:04 PM, Dale Rose wrote:

David Mimms wrote:
Here's a list:

http://www.hylafax.org/content/Web_Based_Faxing

Dave

Thanks. We are using HylaFax primarily for receiving faxes, and I need an interface that helps archive faxes and makes viewing them later simple to do. Web-based configuration would be a plus as well.

I like AvantFax, but I can't get thumbnails or pdfs to show from the archive, although the actual files exist. It also won't print, for some reason I haven't tracked down yet. I could probably get these issues fixed, eventually, but my bigger problem with AvantFax is it uses a custom rcvdfax script. I wanted to add custom footers with a time/datestamp on all incoming faxes, and I've found a perl script in the archive to do this, but it was written with the original rcvdfax in mind.

I see. The AvantFAX install instructions have been updated to instruct users to configure FaxrcvdCmd in the modem config instead of replacing the faxrcvd script with faxrcvd.php. You may be able to configure FaxDispatch to execute the faxrcvd.php (with all necessary arguments) once your perl script finishes.

What distribution are you using? What version of AvantFAX?

Dave