Re: [hylafax-users] One more... this one may be unsolveable...

> Ok, one final niggle..... well, maybe more than a niggle.
>
> I have my HylaFax server running on FreeBSD, and its ports are protected
> with ipfw.  Only a limited number of ports are open - 4559 is for HylaFax.
>
> I also have my FTP server open (regular FTP) and it works in "passive"
> mode.

Well, keep in mind that "passive" FTP or Hylafax means that the client
makes two connections to the host; "active" means that FTP or Hylafax
connects back to the client for the second connection.  In neither case
can you simply open one port and expect things to work.

ipfw isn't sophisticated enough to open the negotiated port, but in a
FreeBSD environment, there are ways to make natd commute this to an open
port.  It's a little clumsy, but it works.  Surely you did something
similar to make passive FTP work?