Re: [hylafax-users] Landscape vs Portrait

Arturo Bianchi wrote:

Why? Why ghostscript rotate only the .ps transmitted via Winprint HylaFAX and don't rotate the pdf transmitted via e-mail; it is different???

If you know of some way to reliably get Ghostscript to auto-rotate landscape pages to portrait for both Postscript and PDF... then let us know. I looked into it a few months ago and didn't find anything reliable.

Make sure that you consider the worse-case scenario where the user submits multiple files with multipage documents where some pages are rotated portrait while others are rotated landscape.

It's very difficult to "fix" this properly on HylaFAX's end. My opinion is that this is something that Ghostscript should be able to do.