Re: [hylafax-users] Configuring for HP OfficeJet 6310

James Dalby typed (on Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 11:58:40AM +0100):
| I am trying to set up hylafax to use a network-attached HP OfficeJet 6310 as
| an (outbound-only) fax device.
| Is this possible?  So far, all the indications I have are that
| hylafax-server works only to locally connected serial/usb fax modems - am I
| missing something?  Any pointers would be very gratefully received.

Correct.  You need a fax modem.

I have my OfficeJet's phone input patched to the phone output of my
modem, so I can still use the OfficeJet to send faxes from paper
documents.  I set the O/J to answer on zero rings (effectively never
answer at all) so that my computer receives all faxes.

I've been using Phoebe fax modems for years -- current price on froogle
is $42.00 + shipping.

--
JP
	==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==