Re: [hylafax-users] Question: Eicon 4BRI, how to configure the 4 ports?

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 15:07 +0200, joan.porta@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I have an Eicon 4bri card in the Hylafax server.
> but I can only work with one ISDN.
>
> I would like to know how to configure the Eicon Card to work with the
> 4 ports
> and how to test it.

Joan,

You didn't say what operating system you are using, or what
configuration you have done so far, so this may be of limited or no
help.

These cards have 4 ISDN ports with 2 B-channels each so that makes 8 fax
lines.

On a linux box you'd add 8 entries to /etc/inittab such as

# ISDN modem ports
m01:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyds01
m02:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyds02
m03:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyds03
m04:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyds04
m05:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyds05
m06:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyds06
m07:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyds07
m08:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyds08

For each of these, hylafax will need a config file, respectively
config.ttyds01
config.ttyds02
config.ttyds03
config.ttyds04
config.ttyds05
config.ttyds06
config.ttyds07
config.ttyds08

Usually these would get placed in /etc/hylafax/etc.

For the contents of these config files, cut and paste the example given
at http://www.eicon.com/support/helpweb/slnxen/hylafax.asp .

Now, look for the line in each file:
ModemResetCmds:         AT#CID=14+iQ=a2

Edit this line to read respectively in the 8 config files:
ModemResetCmds:         AT#CID=14+iQ=a1
ModemResetCmds:         AT#CID=14+iQ=a1
ModemResetCmds:         AT#CID=14+iQ=a2
ModemResetCmds:         AT#CID=14+iQ=a2
ModemResetCmds:         AT#CID=14+iQ=a3
ModemResetCmds:         AT#CID=14+iQ=a3
ModemResetCmds:         AT#CID=14+iQ=a4
ModemResetCmds:         AT#CID=14+iQ=a4

The last field here is controlling the port on the 4BRI card that is
being listened to.

You will also need to configure the card using the Eicon Diva Server
configuration utilities. Their web facility (Eicon Diva Configuration
Wizard) works OK for me. You would normally configure each of the 4
ports identically. There is a myriad of options available and the
selection depends on your environment and what you want.

Testing is basically just a matter of sending a fax to each of the 8 fax
numbers. Limited, but probably sufficient, logging occurs by default in
hylafax with the above configs. Detailed logging of what is happening on
the cards can be activated via the Eicon configuration utility.

Good luck
Paul