Re: [hylafax-users] Assertion failed "Invalid Str[] index"

Miletic Ivona wrote:

Every once a while syslog writes following line:

FaxSend[22029]: Assertion failed "Invalid Str[]
index", file "../util/Str.h" line 109.

Unfortunately, that error message, although helpful, is not sufficient to pinpoint what was going on with faxsend at that moment... so we'd probably need to see the context (FaxSend logging at a 0xFFF or better tracing level) to be able to identify if this is or isn't something that has already been fixed in the last 18 months or more.

Does someone know what that means? Is this something I
should worry about, as the line implies "failed"...

Depending on what the problem really is it could be significant... but, as you've later indicated, it may not be significant to you.

A version problem? I use Hylafax-4.2.5 and wouldn't
wanna upgrade.

Well, upgrading would be the best first step in trying to get this problem resolved.