Re: [hylafax-users] FAX over T1

>>> On 6/23/2007 at 3:27 AM, "Andrew Rinaldi" <andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
>>Since you're using an Asterisk PBX and the T1 is being terminated there
>>you don't need hardware modems.  See http://iaxmodem.sourceforge.net
>
> If you need V.34 or V.17 (tx) then IAXmodem will be unsuitable for your
> application.  Most of these speed restrictions are because of patent and
> licensing issues with the DSP library;
>
> http://www.soft-switch.org/patents/index.php
>
> Regards
>
> ANDREW RINALDI

Gents,

Yes, it is Asterisk, but the client chose Fonality, rather than the solution I first suggested, or going with a solution of my own creation.  Mainly, *I* think, on the basis of the HUD.  (ah if only there were an open source version . . .)

I will run some of this by the client.  One problem I fear, with IAXMODEM, is that the box, being from Fonality, is "off limits", as I understand it.  If I start hacking the box . . .

So, given that and the rock solid nature of what exists,  I'd like to explore the "channel bank".  Suggestions?  Know that I have virtually zero experience with channel banks.

joe a.