Re: [hylafax-users] Can`t see the fax sender

Hi Javier,

First things first.... assuming you are trying to use Caller ID then plug a phone into the line and make sure that you see the caller’s number displayed when you call that line from your cell phone.  What you are trying to do is test that your telephone company has turned on the Caller ID service.... in most countries you pay for this service.

Once you have demonstrated that you are receiving Caller ID information then look in the user manual for your modem for commands related to Caller ID (sometimes abbreviated to CID).  NOTE, that many modems claim to support Caller ID but this is actually quite rare outside of the US.... infact, I think you will struggle to find a modem that supports Caller ID in Spain.  Anyway, if you are convinced that your modem will work then plug the line into the modem and start Minicom.  Type the commands that enable Caller ID (which on a RockForce card are);

AT+VCID=1 (‘formatted’ caller report) or AT+VCID=2 (‘unformatted’ caller report)

Now try calling the modem from your cell phone once again and if you are very lucky you will see the Caller ID data displayed.  At this point you should consult the HylaFAX site regarding CallIDPartern.

If you were unlucky then try contacting the manufacturers of your modem for help.  You may also wish to take a look at the following Caller ID info sites;

http://www.ainslie.org.uk/callerid.htm

http://www.caller-id-answers.info/

If you are using DNIS/DID then the techniques for debugging are similar...

Regards

ANDREW RINALDI

Mainpine Limited - Support

USA +1 503 822 9944 | Asia/Europe +44 1225 869439

andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com