From: moritz.winterberg@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:moritz.winterberg@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Moritz Winterberg
Sent: 24 May 2007 13:47
To: andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx; hylafax-devel@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] faxing to foreign countries

Hi Andrew,

I don't think 20% is that unusual.
You have to consider that several thousand users are using the gateway
and each of them is
faxing to various different destinations. A lot of destinations are
voice numbers, busy during 3 tries or even just wrong numbers.
The only thing I woder about sometimes is the quite considerable
number of Phase D Timeouts. i've already posted to this list about
them including logs but without any result yet.

Moritz

On 5/24/07, Andrew Rinaldi <andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Moritz,
>
> A failure rate of 20% is appalling and you should probably start looking
at
> that first.  Failure rates below 1% are readily achievable.
>
> Send us details of your setup including HylaFAX version, Diva Cards, and
> Telco setup.  Also set ServerTracing and SessionTracing to 0xFFF in your
> config files and post the logs here.
>
> Regards
>
> ANDREW RINALDI
> Mainpine Limited - Support
> USA +1 503 822 9944| Asia/Europe +44 1225 869439
> andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx| www.mainpine.com

 Moritz Winterberg - winterberg@xxxxxxxxxx
 Telefon: +49 (0)211-63 55 55-36
 Telefax: +49 (0)211-63 55 55-22

 indigo networks GmbH - Gladbacher Str. 74 - 40219 Düsseldorf
 HRB Düsseldorf 39841 - Geschäftsführer: Thilo Salmon, Tim Mois
 Steuernummer: 133/5838/1589, Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE219349391

 www.sipgate.de - www.sipgate.at - www.sipgate.co.uk