[hylafax-users] Hylafax cannot initialize modem

Title: email sig
Hi,

In one of my other Hylafax servers, I am getting the following:

May 11 21:23:23 malaysiafax FaxQueuer[2477]: HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.2.5
May 11 21:23:23 malaysiafax FaxQueuer[2477]: Copyright (c) 1990-1996 Sam Leffler
May 11 21:23:23 malaysiafax FaxQueuer[2477]: Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
May 11 21:23:23 malaysiafax FaxGetty[2026]: HELLO
May 11 21:24:37 malaysiafax FaxGetty[2026]: Unable to setup modem on /dev/ttyS0; giving up after 2 attempts
May 11 21:24:37 malaysiafax FaxGetty[2026]: CLOSE /dev/ttyS0
May 11 21:24:37 malaysiafax FaxQueuer[2477]: MODEM /dev/ttyS0 appears to be wedged
May 11 21:24:37 malaysiafax FaxQueuer[2477]: MODEM WEDGED: bin/wedged "ttyS0" "/dev/ttyS0"

I have tried to stop faxgetty in inittab and remove the LOCK file in /var/lock

As soon as I restart the hylafax server it locks it again.

[root@malaysiafax lock]# probemodem ttyS0
Sorry, the device is currently in use by another program.
[root@malaysiafax lock]#
any ideas?

We had a problem with the line during the day. It suddenly was engaged for several hours, I unplugged everything from the line and it was still engaged.

Could it be that the line shorted and that fried my modem or my ttyS0???

Cheers,

Hector Lucenti

Network Engineer
IT Desktop Support Team

15 Pittwater road Manly NSW 2095
P : (02) 9474 1236
F : (02) 9474 1229

Disclaimer: The information contained in or attached to his message is intended
only for the people it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, disclosure or copying of this information is unauthorised and prohibited.
This information may be confidential or subject to legal privilege. It is not the
expressed view of Consultants Exchange Australasia limited unless that is clearly
stated. Consultants Exchange cannot accept liability for any virus damage caused by
this message. This documentation is for your general information, and is not to be
construed as advice. Clients should not act on the information contained herein
alone, and should seek the advice of their accountants and lawyers.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions