Re: [hylafax-users] sendfax sometimes hangs, can't identify protocol?

Mark Hunting wrote:

Is the bug you talk about also present in the version I use now, 4.3.1?

Yes it is.

If you're open to considering HylaFAX+, the bug is fixed in the 5.1.2 and 5.1.3 releases there (http://hylafax.sourceforge.net). Also, I made some improvements to faxq in 5.1.3 for large queues that appear in MaxBatchJobs=1 conditions. It helped me considerably in submitting queues of 1000 jobs via sendfax on a P-400 (otherwise, as you mentioned, I couldn't get the queue submitted in its entirety).

An option that you may want to consider in your current situation (as a workaround) is to submit the entire queue with a future time-to-send. That, at least, would allow the jobs to get queued up first.