Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax-devel] Fax over VoDSL PSTN emulators

Luke,

>Andrew: with ATM CBR/VBR-rt as the transport do you still think this
>on the record as unreliable? Please check again with your CTO, I don't
>want you to say anything your not sure of.

I think your work has confirmed that this type of provisioning is unsuitable
for fax communications.  I'm in no way surprised to hear that and our stance
remains the same.... DSL in the 'real world' does not meet the audio
requirements of fax.

My advise remains the same.... good hardware + good fax software + good
analog line = simple, reliable, V.34 fax solution.

I understand the appeal of DSL.... however, maybe you should be putting your
efforts into finding 'real' analog lines for your customers and providing a
solid solution for them... I've lost count of the number of consultants that
we have worked with who have spent a fortune in time and effort to
ultimately reach the conclusion that this doesn't work.  The Mainpine
solution really is very, very, simple to deploy and support... wouldn't you
rather just sell something that works and move on ?

Regards

ANDREW RINALDI
Mainpine Limited - Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | Asia/Europe +44 1225 869439
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com