Re: [hylafax-users] Panasonic Fax KX-FM131BX

> Hi all,
> I know this sounds weird, but I have a client that wants to start using
> Linux for faxing. Currently he uses Panasonic KX-FM131BX as the fax
> machine which is connected to Windows XP with faxing software from
> Panasonic.

I'm pretty sure Panalink speaks a proprietary protocol; most multifunction
machines do.  If you can use it as a normal modem with normal software,
I'd be surprised, but this would be easy for you to check.

> Have anyone have experience with that machine? Will it's modem be detected
> by hylafax?
> Thank you very much.

Chances are, it doesn't have a modem interface for hylafax to even detect.
 That being said, I'm not sure I understand the point -- it's probably a
*lot* easier to get a normal faxmodem and run it alongside using hylafax.