[hylafax-users] user friendly error messages

Hi,

would anyone have an idea how to extract more "user friendly" status
messages from hylafax ?
At the moment I get messages like these:

"Busy signal detected; too many attempts to dial"

"No answer (T.30 T1 timeout); too many attempts to dial"
"Unspecified Transmit Phase D error, including +FPHCTO timeout between
data and +FET command; Giving up after 3 attempts to send"

Now I'd like to get some kind of error code and map it to some user
friendly messages which then could also go in german or any other
language.

Any idea ? How are current clients doing this ?

thanks
Moritz