Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax & Exchange 2003 Integration

"Kevin Pare" <kpare@xxxxxx> wrote:

Receiving works fine, I'm referring to outgoing faxes.

Basically exchange 2003 sends the message to the gfi box as an smtp
message, the gfi box takes the message and converts it to a fax. And
away you go. I'm wondering if I can tell the hylafax box how to handle
the messages that I attached in the original post?

Kevin,

I don't know much about Exchange 2003, but you might want to look into using HylaFSP's ability to enable the faxing of email messages directly from Outlook. If you enable Outlook's "Fax Transport" feature, then send an email to a "fax recipient" from a computer with HylaFSP installed, that email will be submitted to the HylaFAX server as a fax.

See:

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm

From that page, I quote:

"Sending faxes from Outlook
All that is required to send faxes from Outlook is to include the Fax Mail Transport in your Outlook profile. You won't exactly stumble upon the necessary steps to do so, however, because they're not very intuitive. For Outlook 2002, go to Tools | E-mail Accounts | Add a new e-mail account | Additional Server Types | Fax Mail Transport. For Outlook 2000 (Corporate/Workgroup mode), go to Tools | Services and add the Fax Mail Transport there."

For more information on HylaFSP, see:

http://www.ifax.com/products/hylafsp/about_hylafsp.php

-Darren