Re: [hylafax-users] Sending blank pages

I managed to fix it, using two workarounds.

As I mentioned in my original post, faxing PS (postscript) files seemed to work. So I decided to try the tiff2ps program. Unfortunately that didnt work either. I still got blank pages.

I then read a post on another mailinglist, sorry lost the link, of someone suggesting the use of tiff2pdf. I tried it and SUCCESS!!.

With the success of tiff2pdf it suggested that the hylafax patch I found, in the SRC rpm for libtiff v3.6.1, was either not applied or not enough to fix the problem. To confirm, I recompiled the 3.5.7 src rpm from another RHEL v3 box and installed it and SUCCESS!!

We've decided to stick with the older version of the library even though it might break gtk2 components:

# rpm -e -f libtiff
error: Failed dependencies:
        libtiff.so.3 is needed by (installed) imlib-1.9.13-23.i386
        libtiff.so.3 is needed by (installed) gthumb-2.4.2-7.i386
        libtiff.so.3 is needed by (installed) hylafax-4.2.5-1rhel4.i386
        libtiff.so.3 is needed by (installed) cups-libs-1.1.22-0.rc1.9.11.i386
        libtiff.so.3 is needed by (installed) gtk2-2.4.13-22.i386
        libtiff is needed by (installed) imlib-1.9.13-23.i386
        libtiff >= 3.5.5 is needed by (installed) hylafax-4.2.5-1rhel4.i386
        libtiff >= 3.6.1 is needed by (installed) gtk2-2.4.13-22.i386

The tiff2pdf solution would require that the /etc/hylafax/typerules be changed but I didnt test it further.

Regards,

Vic.