Re: [hylafax-users] Difference between batchjobs and multiple docin one sendfax comman ds

Gunjan Gupta wrote:

SO if I set batchjob option , and send individual documents for same
destination with individual sendfax command, then also it will
automatically batch all the jobs which are of same destination till
upper limit. And then send out in one call.

PLS current me if I am wrong in understanding.

No.

Batching occurs with jobs that are already in the queue.

So, let's say that you're at a company that is constantly sending faxes to the same destination. You and your coworkers are all sending frequently to this same destination. Well, the first job to that destination will likely get sent alone. But because MaxConcurrentCalls defaults to 1 - all other jobs coming in to that destination will get blocked while that first call is still in progress. Let's say that while that call is going two more jobs enter the queue for that destination. Those jobs will block until the call-in-progress finishes. So let's say that first call gets a "busy" signal. Well, then all three jobs will get rescheduled for a minute or two later. And at that time they will all go out together in a batch.

Similarly, if the first job had completed properly in that first call then when that call finished the other two jobs would get batched and get sent out together immediately.

The MaxBatchJobs configuration option just sets a limit on the number of jobs that can be batched in the same call. The purpose of this config option is usually for disabling batching (by setting it to 1) but you can also use it to prevent a single destination from, perhaps, hogging a modem for a long period of time by limiting the number of jobs that can be batched.