[hylafax-users] Installation Question

I'm trying to install Hylafax on OS X and I'm getting the following errror,

Configuring HylaFAX (tm) (aka FlexFAX) 4.3.1.

If configure does the wrong thing, check the file config.log for
information that may help you understand what went wrong.

Your expr is broken. It strips leading zeroes
This may cause problems with configure, faxsetup, & faxaddmodem
Perhaps there is an environment variable you can set
to get the desired behavior.
Reading site-wide parameters from ./config.site.
Do they really still make powerpc-apple-darwin8.8.0 systems?!

Cannot locate a working ANSI C compiler.

We attempted to compile the following test program:

main(int argc, char* argv) { exit(0); }

with these compilers:

gcc cc ncc dcc xlc c89 gcc2 acc

but none of them were successful.

If your compiler is in a non-standard location, you can specify its
location in several ways:

    o set the environment variable CC
    o create a config.local or config.site file that includes a
      definition for CC
    o supply it on the command line using -with-CC=<pathname>

If command line options are required for ANSI C compilation, set the
ENVOPTS parameter to these options in a similar way (either through
an environment variable or config.local/config.site) and then rerun
this script.

Unrecoverable error! Once you've corrected the problem rerun this script.

I noticed some stuff about using UFS to untar the file so I created a UFS disk image in os x, copied it over, then untared the file there, burned a cd, put the cd in my Xserve, copied it over, and tried to install.

I also have gcc installed as well.

Any ideas on what I need to do?

Thanks!
Brian