Re: [hylafax-users] Dropping Faxes -- With Logs

Todd Patton wrote:

I test faxed it from an HP Laserjet 3200SE and started getting this
error with the fax failing.

RECV FAX: RSPREC error/got DCN

From the sending unit, I received a Comm Error 344

Not sure what that means but I did notice that the top of the log file
starts with Session Begin 0000000# #
HylaFax Version 4.3.0

Did I not overwrite something? Should I recompile and reinstall again?

Correct. If you think that you're running 5.0.4 and you see 4.3.0 in the session logs then you still have 4.3.0 leftovers on the system somewhere.

RSPREC error/got DCN generally means (I'd have to see the session log to be completely accurate here) that we sent RTN and that the sender then sent DCN and hung up. It's rather normal matter for the most part. But your 5.0.4/4.3.0 thing does need to be cleaned up.