Re: [hylafax-users] tif to external mail

#1 check if your mta is running and working. Debian 3.1 "Sarge" per default installs exim and it should work upon installation so far. But keep in mind that some mail servers do have quite strict restrictions on received mail!
To check if that works u could manually send a mail to the address you want the faxes to be sent. The simpliest way is to use the console mail command:

mail user@xxxxxxxxxx

enter some text then
quit and send the mail mit ctrl+d

if that worked and u received that mail that should also work if hylafax sends a mail to you.

#1 Tell hylafax where to send faxes and which format to use
faxmaster just gets notified about an incoming fax always

All you got to do is to edit the file FaxDispatch...
On my fax2mailgates this resides in /var/spool/fax/etc/

it just needs to have those two lines:

FILETYPE=tif;  #could also be pdf or whatsoever
SENDTO=user@xxxxxxxxxx; #the mailaddress faxes should be sent to

U must terminate each line with a semicolon!

If u want to get rid of faxmaster u might delete it in the script.
That resides in /var/spool/fax/bin/faxrcvd on my machines.
Just delete the Faxmaster in the line that reads "TOADDR=FaxMaster".
Then no more mails to faxmaster should be sent by hylafax.

Also remember that due to transmission errors during receiving faxes (which on a paerfax you see als black dots often) it could happen that some fax can't be converted to the format you want because its not readable to the converter due to scrambled data....

hope that helps

greets
Sebastian

Josu Lazkano Lete wrote:
hello, how can I sebd a fax with a tiff or pdf attached file to a external mail
I don't want to send to root or FaxMaster, I want to send to name@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:name@xxxxxxxxxx>
where I must configure it?
thanks for all