[hylafax-users] Email to fax gateway customization

    Hello everybody:

    I've setup an email to fax gateway in Debian Sarge (kernel 2.6.8) with Hylafax 4.3.1 and qmail. I can send faxes via email, but after looking for information on the archive list of hylafax, Hylafax documentation pages and Google I haven't found information on how to put the subject of the email as comment in the fax neither how to add the body of the email to the fax.

    I have this script (/usr/bin/mailfax):

#!/bin/sh
#
#   mailfax - email to fax gateway for qmail.
#
#   This file should be installed as /usr/bin/mailfax, and the
#   following changes made to the qmail configuration:
#
#   Add the following to /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains
#       .fax:fax
#
#   Add the following to /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-fax-default
#       | /usr/bin/mailfax
#

TMPVAR=${SENDER//\`/}
TMPVAR=${TMPVAR//\$\(/}
SENDER=${TMPVAR//\)/}

/usr/bin/faxmail | /usr/bin/sendfax \
        -f "$SENDER" \
        -d "$EXT2@`/usr/bin/expr \"$HOST\" : '\(.*\)\.fax$'`"

    I know that sendfax has a "-c" parameter to send comments, but I don't know how to get the email variable for the subject, so I could do something like sendfax -c "$SUBJECT"

    I've done "man faxmail" and I see that there is a parameter called Headers that I guess I could use to get the subject, but I don't know how to get that value in faxmail.

    Also I've seen a parameter called Cover-Comments doing "man sendfax", but I don't know how to get/set tha value for every email.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com