Re: [hylafax-users] disabling a port

* Jean-Pierre Radley <jpr@xxxxxxx> [070123 11:29]:
> I have a sick modem on one of my ports.  I stopped faxgetty from running
> on it, but 'faxstat -s' still reports "waiting to come ready" for that
> port.

That "Waiting for modem to come ready" message is the *last* updated
message that was put in the status file.  If you're stopped faxgetty
already, and the modem isn't being used, you can update that status by
hand to show anything you want:

	echo "Waiting for UPS delivery" > $SPOOL/status/$DEVICE

As soon as faxgetty is started again, it will start writing it's own
status messages to the file again.

> Until a new modem arrives, how do I stop attempts to use port MN? Also
> remove FIFO.ttyMN, or config.ttyMN, or both?

You don't need to remove them, but removing either of them will make
that device no longer show up in faxstat output.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103