Re: [hylafax-users] Fax-Printing

Hello Harry,

If you are talking about a receive-only setup where you receive the faxes, convert to PDF, and send the PDF to an email mailbox in addition to printing the received fax - this is what we are doing.

Eventually we will turn off the printing ability, but the redundancy is desired right now for us.

Your case may vary from ours, but you will need to modify the faxrcvd script once you have HylaFAX installed.

Take a look at the http://www.hylafax.org/content/Handbook
On that page find the topics entitled "Automatic Processing of Received Facsimile"  and "Receiving Facsimilies".

Instead of using SENDMAIL to send the PDF's, we chose to compile "mSMTP" and use it to email the fax to our SMTP server.
http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/index.php

I don't have my faxrcvd handy right now or I'd post it.  Just wanted to let you know that yes, HylaFAX is very flexible this way.

Regards,
-Ron

>>> "Dr. Harry Knitter" <harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 01/23/07 05:39AM >>>
Hello,

is it possible to recieve fax by mail and simultanously let the fax be printed
out to a normal printer?
If yes, how can I do this.

Thanks

Harry