[hylafax-users] Problem with FaxDispatch

Help please?

I have a HylaFAX server set up on a desktop PC running Ubuntu 5.10, HylaFAX version 4.2.1 with a MultiTech MT5656ZDX modem. It is working, e-mailing the pdf versions of the faxes to the people they go to depending on the CIDNumber. Cool. You might ask now why I need help. Well, in an effort to make things better, my superiors’ want it loaded on a server box in the data center. We have loaded Fedora Core 6 on a server box and put HylaFAX 5.0.2 on it, using the same type of modem. I have it sorta working, I mean it can receive and send faxes however, when I try to use FaxDispatch, HylaFAX does not send out an E-mail. E-mail works as I can sendmail from the command line. I can see in the log files where everything seems normal, faxgetty calls faxrcvd with the proper parameters, but nothing seems to happen, no errors(even with tracing set to 0xFFFFF), no email. I can take the same command string in a terminal window and it WORKS! It E-mails the just received FAX as a pdf file to the address specified in FaxDispatch.

John Fix

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions