Re: [hylafax-users] Upgrade 4.3.0 to HF + 5.0.3 goes perfect, exc ept faxmail segfault s signal 11 or signal 6 on invocation from sendmail

Colin Anderson wrote:

Did you install 4.3.0 with RPM and then 5.0.3 with source? If so, did you 'rpm -e hylafax' before installing 5.0.3 ?

Yes, I installed 4.3.0 from RPM and did *not* rpm -e hylafax before upgrade as you describe. I think what you are getting at is that there is 4.3.0 stuff left over that is affecting faxmail or faxmail itself was not upgraded. If this is the case, could I:

rm -rf faxmail
<in Hylafax source dir> make install

You need to 'rpm -e hylafax' and then re-install from source.

And then you need to remember to not install HylaFAX by RPM hereafter unless you take the time to manually remove all of the source installation first.