Re: [hylafax-users] hang-up noise when sending to certain destination

marthter wrote:

Welcome to minicom 2.00.0

Compiled on Jan 25 2003, 00:15:18.

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

AT S7=45 S0=0 L1 V1 X4 &c1 E1 Q0
OK
at
OK
atdt19055551212
NO CARRIER
atdt19055551212
NO CARRIER

The initialization sequence that minicom does here is different from HylaFAX's. Also, you're not putting the modem into fax mode, and so that could also prove to be a factor in the behavior difference.

So I started to think the firmware was the difference that allowed ttyS4 to succeed, albeit only once (plus having removed the ...Hack... line from both of their configs, plus some other unknown.). So question number one is does anyone know how to update these modems' firmware in Linux? I googled and looked at the MultiTech website briefly but didn't get far.

Yeah, you flash them with this utility from Steve Tuckner:

http://mtflashwiz.sourceforge.net/

You'll also want to take a look at the bug reports:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=450827&group_id=47799&func=browse

For patches and fixes.

And !#@$#%$^%&^*&! I haven't touched it (haven't changed configs or used minicom) in over an hour, I just watched more attempts (still being generated by our back end processes) fail and fail and just now (4:30 pm if you're watching the log file timestamps above) 3 faxes went through! (probably batched on a single successful call).

Bloody hell I wish this was at least reproducible!

If I may, I would like to send a couple of test faxes. May I?