From: Lee Howard [mailto:faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 1:29 AM
To: johnny
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax Port problem

johnny wrote:

>Hi, guys, Refer to Hylafax for sending fax with remote server, again there
>is some filrewall issues, I searched online and open up the TCP port 4559
>and 4557 but the server still does not allow winprinter client to connect,
>anyone has any idea on it refer to how to solve it with firewall?

Probably the most simple thing to do at that point is to make sure the
client uses passive mode.  (Unfortunately, sendfax doesn't use passive
and can't be used to test for this.)

If passive mode is not an option then your firewall(s) may need to be
taught how to handle hfaxd communication ... nearly exactly as ftp.