Re: [hylafax-users] pcl2fax

* Arco Simonse <arcosimonse@xxxxxxxxxxx> [070105 09:22]:

> Hi list,
>
> I have a need to send pcl files as faxes from hylafax.
> Since I have seen pcl2fax scripts in Hylafax in the past I thought I could realize that with Hylafax.
> To test this, I have build a hylafax server on Ubuntu, running on VMware server.
> I also installed GhostPCL and created a new pcl2fax script that first does a conversion form pcl to gs and then gs to fax.
> But things do not work as I hoped. When I run my pcl2fax script from the commandline, everything converts fine.
> But when I send a pcl file (over ftp:4559) no conversion occurs. The system seems to not recognize the pcl file.
> When I send ps or pdf files they are faxed ok, so the hylafax system itself is working fine.
> I took a further look and found a file typerules. There is nothing about pcl in it. I suppose it has to hold a rule for pcl. Googling a few hours doesn't tell me much. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Arco Simonse

You'll need to increase logging of both hfaxd and faxq to higher
levels, and send us the logs from them that syslog records.

Set ServerTracing to something like 0xFFFFFF.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103