Re: [hylafax-users] Receiving Remote TSI name string (vs. remote number)

Ron Pettis wrote:

I've checked the archives on items such as "remote TSI", "ascii TSI string", "remote identifier", and there doesn't appear to be an exact match on our issue (though I certainly could've missed it).

When receiving faxes, we'd like to use the remote fax machine's identifier NAME instead of the NUMBER as the SENDER variable.

Don't confuse TSI with Caller*ID. They're not related.

TSI is a sending-machine identifier that is communicated via fax protocol during Phase B. The sender can program almost anything there... or nothing at all. The operator of the sending machine generally programs this in to the equipment.

If you want Caller*ID information in place of TSI in your FaxDispatch or in your received-fax notification message you certainly can do that - if you have Caller*ID support on the line, if your modem is set up to receive it, and if your modem config file is set up to interpret it. Then it will be a $CALLID numbered variable instead of $SENDER... and if you desire you can make SENDER="$CALLIDx"