Re: [hylafax-users] Updating to version 5.0.2

Dimitri Yioulos wrote:

I've been running hylafax-4.0.8 on a fedora core 2 box for some time now, and it's been working just fine. I'm thinking of updating to hylafax+ 5.0.2. Now, I don't want to be a baby here (waaaaaaah ... ooops), but are there any special steps I need tot ake, or any gotchas? Btw, it's an rpm install

You probably mean 4.1.8.

Upgrading, as usual, with:

rpm -Fvh hylafax-5.0.2-1fc2.i386.rpm

will get you most of the way, then re-run faxsetup, and that should be the minimum requirement.

I would also recommend, however, that you re-run faxaddmodem for your modems and select Class 1/1.0.

The only gotcha will likely be that the FC2 RPM there on Sourceforge is probably built with JBIG support, and so you'll probably want to add this to your modem config file:

Class1JBIGSupport: no