Re: [hylafax-users] Testing Inbound Faxing

Vernon A. Fort wrote:

I have read vague posts about simulating inbound faxing.  I'm trying to test
a modified faxrcvd but I only have ONE fax line which is in use.  I'm
switching from a fax machine to hylafax and need to test before I switch.

Anyway to simulate inbound faxing?

You can use software modems and send calls between the two - that doesn't just simulate a fax, it actually does it. t38modem and iaxmodem are the two that I can think of. t38modem will probably be the easier of the two to set up just for simple testing.

However, if all you want to do is to test the faxrcvd modifications, you can do that by hand by running the etc/faxrcvd.custom (hopefully you've set FaxRcvdCmd instead of modifying bin/faxrcvd directly) script from the /var/spool/hylafax directory.