Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax and ldap.

Il giorno mer, 13/12/2006 alle 09.37 +0100, Mauro Sanna ha scritto:
> Is it possible authenticate users via ldap?
> Normally users are set in hosts.hfaxd but there a way to autheticate
> them using ldap?

theory
------

hylafax includes a basic support for LDAP via PAM. In order to activate
it, just write an /etc/pam.d/hylafax like:
--------------------
@include common-auth
@include common-account
@include common-password
@include common-session

And restart hylafax in order to give normal access to all PAM users. If
you need to setup admin access via pam then specify AdminGroup in your
hylafax config file and put all admin users in that group.

practise
--------

with this setup I have some success and some failure, dependent from the
os system and the hylafax version.

Try it,
Giuseppe