From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
kyle.rabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 09 December 2006 00:01
To: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [hylafax-users] Receive Errors on Inspiron 6000 (Linuxant)

Hello, all.  I'm having issues receiving faxes on a Dell Inspiron 6000 with
an internal Conexant HSF modem.  I purchased the driver from Linuxant and
have been able to send, but not receive, faxes.  Since I'm using this solely
for receiving purposes, I'd like to get this working.  :)

The system is as follows:

Dell Inspiron 6000
Conexant HSF softmodem (RC56OCTOPUS given by AT+GMM) hsfmodem-7.47.00.05full
driver Xubuntu Linux 6.10 HylaFAX 4.3.0

The modem says that it operates at class 1 or 1.0.  I've tried both.  I've
turned flow control to hardware, software, and off.  As another post
suggested, I've tried commenting the bottom of the config.[modem] file
except for the class statement.  I'm unable to receive except for an
occasional "breakthrough" fax.  Nothing seems repeatable.  The logs are
sometimes filled with FCS errors, other times they end with T.30 T2
timeouts, and yet other times they end with RSPREC invalid response
received.

What additional information can I provide that would be most helpful?  I
don't want to flood the list with TMI.  I sincerely appreciate any help.
I've been working on this for days.

-Kyle