Re: [hylafax-users] routing faxes to certain folders

I have modified FaxDispatch to route a certain number to a certain folder
and change to the necessary permissions.  My problem is that I need to add
at least 10 new numbers(=10 separate folders) to this and possibly more in
the future.  I am very new to shell scripting. I don't want to end up with
a very cluttered FaxDispatch file. Does anyone know if using functions
would work and give a very basic idea of how to do this?
Here is my FaxDispatch file so far....   Thank you.

#!/bin/sh
##      $Id: FaxDispatch,v 1.2 2003/05/04 23:49:41 darren Exp $
##
## Default FaxDispatch file - routes all inbound faxes to FaxMaster as PDF
##
## Consult the faxrcvd(8C) man page for more information
##

FAXES=/var/spool/hylafax/recvq
OUTPUT=/tmp/fax/
IS=/applications/linux/faxtest/
DATE="$(/bin/date +%F_%k-%M%p)"
FILECHANGE=$(/usr/bin/tiff2pdf -o $FILE.pdf -p letter $FILE)
NAMECHANGE=$(/bin/mv $FILE.pdf $OUTPUT"$DATE".pdf)

case "$SENDER" in
         *1231234123) mv $OUTPUT"$DATE".pdf $IS;
                chmod 660 $IS"$DATE".pdf;
                sudo chown user.group $IS"$DATE".pdf;
                ;;
esac

trdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

             Lee Howard
             <faxguy@howardsil
             van.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
             hylafax-users-bou                                          cc
             nce@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [hylafax-users] routing faxes
             12/06/06 04:19 PM         to certain folders

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:

>As a simple rule of thumb, *I* _never_ modify faxrcvd in an
>installation, simply because I don't want to have to deal with merging
>in changes.  If you can do it in faxrcvd, you can do it in FaxDispatch
>(because it is just a shell file sourced by faxrcvd).  If I don't want
>any of the following faxrcvd functionality (e-mailing it), a simple
>"exit" in FaxDispatch is sufficient.

Yes, it's an unadvisable business to modify bin/faxrcvd.

Instead, if the default faxrcvd behavior is close to but not exactly
what I want, and if that behavior is *not* deliberately modifiable by
the default faxrcvd (like, setting SENDTO or FILETYPE or
NOTIFY_FAXMASTER, for examples) - then rewriting default faxrcvd
functionality modified by my needs inside-of FaxDispatch followed by an
"exit" amounts to a whole lot of work that I avoid by simly copying the
default faxrcvd to, say, etc/faxrcvd.custom, making the modifications
there, and then setting "FaxRcvdCmd: etc/faxrcvd.custom" in my modem
config files.  This also avoids dealing with merging in changes over
upgrades and reinstallations.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail and the files transmitted with it are intended solely for the
use of addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, or a person
responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this e-mail in error and that any
use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately by replying to this e-mail and
deleting it from your computer.