[hylafax-users] Fwd: Small fonts on delivered fax

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin Jordan <kmj7777@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Dec 5, 2006 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Small fonts on delivered fax
To: Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Well, I tried a similar command to the one at http://www.hylafax.org/content/Handbook:Server_Operation:Sending_Faxes#.2ANIX_Clients but I didn't hear it dial out and nothing came out on the other end. Where would I check to see where the process stopped?

On 12/5/06, Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kevin Jordan wrote:

> I'm trying to get hylafax to work for sending faxes from a web page.
> I first create a postscript file using PECL ps, and then run that
> through ps2pbm and run the pbm through pbm2g3 to get it into g3
> format.   Then I use the sendfax command like sendfax -vv -l
> /dev/ttyS1 1234567 test.g3 and it goes through fine, but on the other
> end it comes out very very small (almost illegible).

First off, I don't think that you're using HylaFAX's sendfax. I'm guessing that you're using mgetty-sendfax's version.

Secondly, HylaFAX server is able to handle Postscript directly.  Let it
convert it into fax data.  Just submit the Postscript document.

Kevin Jordan

-- Kevin Jordan