Re: [hylafax-users] OT: Examples of html2ps real-world usage?

On Monday 31 July 2006 15:22, you wrote:
> We're playing with html2ps taking output from our web-based CRM, emailing
> the output to HylaFAX, running it to html2ps, and having it faxed out. The
> thing I noticed is that html2ps basically hates our layout and the
> resulting fax never looks right (yes, we use tables for layout, and the
> html2ps README explicitly says Don't Do That). Our plan is to eventually
> have a button on our CRM: "Fax this page" and submit it to HylaFAX. We can
> programmatically compose any html we want in the background and submit it
> to HylaFAX, so my question is if anyone has any tips on getting output more
> or less what you would expect on a page, or maybe some example pages.
> Specifically:
>
> 1. I know html2ps hates a table layout, so how about CSS with <DIV>'s ?
> Relative or absolute positioning?
>
> 2. Fax cover page?
>
> 3. Invoice / purchase order ?

html2ps isn't keen on CSS either.  We managed to get it to work with an
existing application by trial and error.  If it ever needs changing, we will
be shafted.

The best tip I can offer is, generate your PostScript directly out of whatever
source is used to generate the HTML.

--
AJS