Re: [hylafax-users] Job Killed

On 5/30/06, Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Jonathan Smithe <gigelusster@xxxxxxxxx> [060530 16:33]:

> The problem is that, after 12 dials (tested on a bogus number,
> +49111111111 so that I always get a busy tone), I can see the
> following:
>
> -snip-
> ntries:0
> ndials:12
> totdials:12
> maxdials:20
> tottries:0
> maxtries:10
> status:REJECT: Too many attempts to dial: 12, max 12
> -snip-

> Is there somewhere else in Hylafax, hard-coded, where the maxdials is > again defined? Or is this some other setting that I've forgot about?

What is MaxDials etc to in $SPOOL/etc/config?

See the hylafax-config man pages for it's default value.

The job(user) can specify a maxdials/maxtries, but they are "capped" by
the settings of faxq.  If you really don't want faxq to cap settings,
set them to -1 in the faxq config.  Then clients can set them to
whatever they want, and they don't get capped by faxq (well, capped by
the size of an u_int on whatever platform you're on).

See faxd/faxQueueApp.c++:2391

Thanks for the tip. In $spool/etc/config i hadn't have the settings, but in hfaxd.conf. I will try it out like this and let you know if it fails.

Thanks again.

gigelusster