Re: [hylafax-users] linuxant modem wedged

Henry McLaughlin wrote:

I am new to Linux and all I have been able to do to resolve the problem is
reboot the server.

The modem lock-up problem is most likely something that you'll have to bring up with Linuxant. Other people have reported it here.

It's possible, although unlikely, that HylaFAX could be doing something [incorrectly] that is provoking the problem, and HylaFAX could potentially have a workaround in-place. In order to investigate we'll need to see the modem tracing covering the time when the lock-up begins (whether that be in the session logs or the server logs. Set SessionTracing and ServerTracing to 0xFFF in your modem config file. Then, when it locks up send us the last session log and the server logging beginning from when the session started.