[hylafax-users] Question regarding ghostscript ps font list/map

Hey all,
I'm having a little difficulty managing to get this work and I know it's
due to my lack of experience with Ghostscript and the not so easily
understood documentation available. (It may be for some of you who use
ghostscript, but this is a first time for me!)

I've compiled/installed ghostscript all fine and dandy on my system, and
I've also copied over the set of fonts recommended by AFPL, but I'm
getting the following error from Hylafax:

Error: /undefined in comments
Operand stack:
 413.66 29 141.336 189
Execution stack:
 %interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval--
2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1
%stopped_push 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop --nostringval-- 1 3
%oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval--
--nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- Dictionary stack:
 --dict:1125/1686(ro)(G)-- --dict:0/20(G)-- --dict:107/200(L)-- Current
allocation mode is local AFPL Ghostscript 8.54: Unrecoverable error,
exit code 1

>>> End comment

I'm pretty sure that this is a font-not found issue, but I can't isolate
how to solve the problem. I was wondering if anyone had an idea on how I
could manipulate ghostscript to work for me. I've recompiled it with the
appropriate font location (by manipulating the Makefile to also add the
path /usr/local/share/ghostscript/8.54/fonts << where I copied the fonts
from ghostscript-fonts-std-8.11.tgz < or whatever the file name is.)

The PS file that I'm using to test the faxing is the faxcover.ps
included with hylafax. From what I can tell, Helvetica, Courier,
Times-Bold, are the only fonts that the file refers to. These are basic
fonts, so I must be doing something terribly wrong.

I have a feeling it has to do with my fontmap file, but I'm not sure how
to manipulate it / test to make sure it's working.  I reset the fonts
path correctly in hyla.conf so that when I run faxsetup it doesn't give
me an error about the fonts.. Ie it knows where to look.

Anyone have an idea where I can look to find the answers?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Matuszewski
Director of Network Operations