Re: [hylafax-users] Hardcopy print with status report for all (sent) faxes

hylafax@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
 > One of the things we really, really need (for legal reasons) is to have
a printed hardcopy of each page that we faxed together with a status report printed on (or over) that page. Our current fax server shrinks the pages to about 40% of their original size and prints them, 2 pages on one in landscape together with some basic info from the status report (fax. no. the fax was sent to, date/time, tx result, pages sent, id of the fax on the other side etc.)

Is something like this possible with HylaFax too? An e-mail with the report is convenient but not waterproof. I have been digging through google but didn't get too many hits. Ideally I would like something similar for all the incoming faxes too but now I'm getting carried away :)

You'd have to fashion a script (or pay someone to fashion such a script) to do that, but it's possible. Both received and sent faxes are retained until faxcron is run (then faxes older than 30 days are removed).

I couldn't find this in the FAQ either.

Then another question, in our old fax app it is possible to browse and open (from a windows proggie on all the clients) all the faxes received / sent (harddrive space is not a cost factor so I still have even the faxes from 1995). Is such an interface also possible with HylaFax? Or just through e-mail storage?

I have a page on my wiki that describes how I'm archiving faxes (as pdfs) on a samba share. We also print each fax on arrival.

http://www.djhsolutions.com/wiki/doku.php?id=hylafax_modifications

Darrick
--
Darrick Hartman