Re: [hylafax-users] How to customize email body of received faxes

Aaron Stanford wrote:

My question concerns the information sent with each fax.  This
information includes the following fields:

    Pages: 1
  Quality: Fine
     Page: North American Letter
TimeToRecv: 0:22
SignalRate: 9600 bit/s
DataFormat: 1-D MH
ErrCorrect: Yes
  CallID1: 900
ReceivedOn: ttyS1
   CommID: c000000039

I would like to remove several pieces of information from these emails,
i.e. Page, TimeToRecv, SignalRate, DataFormat etc. I have reviewed the
faxrcvd man page and script, googled on "Customize Hylafax email" and
other terms, and looked through the mailing list, and haven't found any
examples of how to do this.

That text comes from the output of faxinfo. faxrcvd calls on faxinfo and this output is dumped directly into the email body. You'll need to filter that output before it reaches the email body by adding some 'grep -v' or something similar into faxrcvd.