[hylafax-users] Yet another v.Everything question

Howdy, all.

Having searched through the archives, I've seen quite a number of
issues in the past with Courier v.Everything external modems, but I
haven't yet run across my special problem.  I'm trying to get faxgetty
to answer the phone when it rings, which should be fairly
straightforward.

I don't see RINGs in the logs when I dial my faxmodem, and HylaFAX
doesn't answer the phone.  My modem is on /dev/ttyS1, and I can talk
to it with Kermit.  When I'm in Kermit, and call my landline, I see
information.  For example, when I was in Kermit, and had set ATS0=1,
and a friend dialed me with a real fax machine, I saw:

+FCO
+FTI:"          703XXXYYYY"

before I dropped out of Kermit.  However, faxgetty just plain doesn't
see RINGs.  I've tried Class 1 and Class 2.0.  I'm running Slackware
Linux, with the 2.4.26 kernel, and HylaFAX 4.3.0 .

Attached are my config.ttyS1 and the spew from faxgetty.

What steps should I try next?  Given that this is one of the sample
configurations on the website, I must be overlooking something, but
I'm not sure what.
--
Ben Stern