[hylafax-users] USR are buggy modems?

Hello everybody,

Should I really avoid buying USR modems?
They are most common external modems in Sebia and Montenegro market.

Other alternatives that I have are Agere, SWEEX and Prolink external
serial modems.

http://www.hylafax.org/content/Handbook:Basic_Server_Configuration:Choosing_a_Modem

"Also in the functional-but-buggy category are USR/3Com modems; they
tend to work better in Class 1 than in Class 2.0, but it still isn't
ideal. (USR doesn't seem to be fixing these things, either.) If you use
one of these modems and experience problems do not be surprised to learn
that it is an issue with the modem itself."

--
Bojan Stojanovic
system administrator