[hylafax-users] OT: AvantFax , HylaFAX

Hello,
I'm using AvantFax as a frontend to HylaFAX, on the part where I am
about to attach a PDF document, this error comes up:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mime_content_type() in
/var/www/html/avantfax/sendfax.php on line 47

I have already configured avantfax/includes/config.php with this line:

$USE_MIME_CONTENT_TYPE = true;

And the abovementioned error comes up. However, if
$USE_MIME_CONTENT_TYPE is set to 'false', this error comes up:

Fatal error: Class 'finfo' not found in
/var/www/html/avantfax/sendfax.php on line 49

I have followed instructions from http://www.avantfax.com/install.php
, where I have to do:

pear install mail_mime
pear install mail
pear install db
pecl install FileInfo

Do I have to recompile PHP 5 for this? Thanks in advance for any pointers.