[hylafax-users] troubles with sambafax

I am a moderately experienced linux and Windows adminstrator. I have been trying to get the SambaFax installed in a mixed Linux and Windows environment.

I have followed Ignace Suy's guide to setting up SambaFax.

I have Hylafax Version 4.2.1 running on a Linux (slackware) fax server with a class 2 modem (Zoom v90). The Hylafax server has been merrily receiving faxes since last summer. I can fax out using sendfax and from a fax client from a Linux Client (jhylafax-1.3.6-app.jar).

I set up a fax printer using CUPS (v. 1.1.23) on a separate CUPS server with a PostScript driver (HP 4050 hpijs driver). I have tried using ports 9100 and 4559.

When I print to the CUPS PostScript driver I either get nothing or sometimes a statement that the Hylafax server received
some packets of data through a direct channel. Nothing ever shows up in the Hylafax sendq. I have not been able to find useful log entries in the CUPS log on the CUPS server, Hylafax error logs on the Hylafax server, syslog and messages on both the CUPS server (also slackware 10.2) and the Hylafax server (slackware 10.1).

In my Samba (samba v. 3.0.10) smb.conf file I have the following entries:

[homes]
  comment = Home Directories
  browseable = no
  writable = yes

[printers]
  comment = All Printers
  path = /var/spool/samba
  browseable = no
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
  guest ok = no
  writable = no
  printable = yes

[recvq]
comment = Fax Receive Queues
browsable = yes
path = /var/spool/hylafax/recvq
public = yes
writable = yes

Does any use the SambaFax in a mixed Windows / *nix environment?

Which logs can point me to what is causing the error?

Thanks for your consideration.

Sam Bowen